Davis Thompson Foundation – Australian Saturday Seminars 2020
The Davis Thompson Foundation is pleased to announce its third virtual seminar series, aimed at Australian pathologists. The new Australian Saturday seminars is co-sponsored by the Australian Animal Pathology Standards Program and the Australian Society for Veterinary Pathology. When it’s Saturday morning in Australia, it’s 5-7PM on the West Coast of the US (PST) so set your clocks accordingly!
Check out the program and make sure you register using the links in the flyer before it is too late!
About the AAPSP
The AAPSP was established as a joint initiative of the Australian Society for Veterinary Pathology (ASVP), the Subcommittee on Animal Health Laboratory Standards and Animal Health Australia.
AAPSP’s mission is to ensure that the standard of veterinary diagnostic pathology in Australian government, private and university animal health laboratories is both nationally effective and internationally credible in servicing the livestock industries, the veterinary profession and the community.
The key strategy of the Program is to provide specialist training support, manage a proficiency testing program, conduct continuing education in veterinary diagnostic pathology and maintain a national archive of diseases in Australian animals.
The key objectives of the AAPSP are to:
- maintain the world’s best standards in morphological pathology at the gross and histopathological levels through quarterly proficiency testing
- maintain the world’s best standards in the technical preparation of histopathological sections of animal tissues through quarterly proficiency testing
- maintain current awareness of diagnostic requirements for emergency diseases of animals (including newly recognised, emerging and exotic diseases) through an ongoing annual program of continuing education
- maintain a national archive of diseases in Australian animals and to make this (and other) information available online
- provide encouragement, educational opportunities and tuition support for trainees in veterinary pathology.
For any requests for additional content on the Extranet, feedback and/or queries on the AAPSP, its Extranet or the Digital Slide Server please contact the AAPSP Administrator at AAPSPadmin@animalhealthaustralia.com.au.